A Marketing Professional | A Leader | An Avid Traveller
Susmita is a marketing professional with over 15 years of successful professional life. By passion, she is a dedicated traveller. She started travelling in 2010, and it’s been almost 12 years since she has been wandering places.
She started her journey from Nepal Himalayas, and her first trip was Annapurna Foothills Trek. After that, she has been to Nepal six times to trek across various regions of the Nepal Himalayas. She has been to Everest Base Camp, Crossed the famous Cho la, and walked across Annapurna Regions, Poon Hill, Mt Fishtail Base Camp and Langtang-Lirung areas.
Soon after this humble beginning, she started exploring places outside India and Nepal and which finally resulted in travelling to some epic places like:
- Russian Caucasus Mountain areas,
- Trans-Siberian Railway trip from Moscow to Vladivostok
- Travelling to Central Asia – Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan
- Cross-country Solo Backpacking Trips in European countries like – Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Netherlands, and Germany.
- Backpacking in South East Asian Countries – Laos and Thailand
- Road Trip to Sri Lanka
- Forty-five days backpacking in Australia, covering Western Australia, Northern Australia, Adelaide to Melbourne to Tasmanian peninsula.
- A cultural retreat to Bhutan is the latest on her bucket.
Susmita’s passion for knowing different countries, cultures, people and ethnicities made her a traveller, a spontaneous explorer rather than a tourist. As she continued her journey, she realised that life is much simpler and can be lived harmoniously, even in unknown territories. This philosophy of becoming a traveller instigated her to launch ‘Travel With Susmita’.
The vision of launching ‘Travel With Susmita’ is mainly to enhance the thoughts of travelling and exploration remaining in one’s capacity. Proper travelling ensures cultural exchange, sustainable travel, economic growth in the local community and the protection of nature and the environment.
If you want to know more about Susmita – Follow her on LinkedIn.