LAOS is officially known as the Lao People’s Democratic Republic. LAOS is the only landlocked country in Southeast Asian countries. The country is famous for its mountain terrains, unparalleled sceneries, unexplored lands, and countryside villages. LAOS is also known as the “Land of a Million Elephants”. Once upon a time in this country, when the human population was sparse and the land was covered with untamed forests and mountains, the wild elephants were the major habitats that roamed all around. When the human population increased, elephants were later the main mode of transportation for the royal families. Elephants are still considered sacred animals, and a sign of prosperity and love for this giant animal in LAOS is unique and respectful. LAOS is famous for its morning alms ceremony is a world-famous ritual and unique to observe. Local delicacies are unbeatable. Luang Prabang’s Morning Markets & Night Markets are a living paradise. Blue Lagoons of Vang Vieng and its ethnic villages and paddy fields attracted travellers worldwide. LAOS is a nice laid-back country. If you are travelling to LAOS, travel slowly to enjoy the vibes of the country. The trip to LAOS is one of the favourite trips of Susmita, and it is extremely suitable for older people who prefer to take their sweet time to travel and enjoy the time fully.
If you are extremely fascinated by Southeast Asian countries and want to extend your travel, then you may look forward to experiencing Vietnam in 10 Days.
Arrival at Vientiane International Airport. Greetings by TWS representative and transfer to Hotel at Vientiane. Overnight stay at Vientiane.
Leisure Day at Vientiane. After breakfast, you will explore Vientiane City. Visit Sinouk Coffee Bar to enjoy some local coffee. Visiting various Buddha temples. Welcome dinner.
After breakfast, pick up from your hotel and travel to Vang Vieng by road. Enjoy your road trip crossing the lush green paddy fields, limestone cliffs and lonely roads cutting across the countryside. By late afternoon you will reach Vang Vieng city. The city is also known as a Backpacker’s city. You will encounter many Backpackers enjoying their travel time in Vang Vieng. Evening – Your own time.
After breakfast, get ready to explore the Vang Vieng. Vang Vieng is situated on the bank of the river Nam Song. The main city is around the main road, and you will find everything here. Local food junctions, lively restaurants to offer local flavours, some great Korean restaurants and massage centres for Lao massage. You will get good massage service at a relatively low price than in any other big city.
Vang Vieng offers you a lot of activities that you can enjoy. Starting from Hot Air Ballooning above Laos and enjoying an incredible bird’s view of the entire city, you can go on countryside cycling, visit the Lao Traditional villages like Hmong Villages, trek and walk across the traditional rice fields. The scenic beauty of Laos Rice fields is world famous. Remember to stop by and click some good pictures. or visit all the Blue Lagoons in Vang Vieng. No matter your preference, excitement and full enjoyment are guaranteed. Have a blast today, and return to your hotel at night for a good sleep.
After breakfast, head to Luang Prabang. To experience the local way of life, you will be transferred to the railway station on a local Tuk-tuk instead of a car. This transfer mode is a cost-saving mode as well as an eco-friendly approach too. You will start at the Vang Vieng Railway station in the morning to catch your train to Luang Prabang. A beautiful scenic train journey will take you to Luang Prabang, crossing hills, mountains, jungle and countryside villages. This train journey is otherworldly still. It is yet to get its deserved popularity. You will travel with local Lao people. It would be best to reach Luang Prabang by the middle of the afternoon unless your train is not delayed, which is very common. Hence, today you should not keep anything planned after reaching Luang Prabang but relaxing.
After breakfast, you will visit the Morning Market of Luang Prabang. Or, if you are not too fussy about having your breakfast at Hotel, you can try local snacks at the Morning Market. The Morning Market in Luang Prabang starts at 7 AM, right at the heart of the old city surrounding the lane Wat Mai. Once you reach the market, you will be delighted to see relaxed and friendly vendors selling locally and organically grown fresh vegetables and fruits produced in the local village areas. Along with the fresh vegetables, the market usually gets flooded with local snacks, various foods, spices, fresh fish from the Mekong river and daily house chores. Night explore the night markets.
Our day will start at dawn, around 5 AM. This morning we will experience the world-famous and most unique rituals of Buddhist monks collecting alms. At the break of dawn, hundreds of Monks adorned with their saffron robes will come out on Luang Prabang streets to collect the morning alms from locals. This ceremony is also known as Tak Bat or Sai Bat and is performed under total silence in the form of meditation. The long line of hundreds of monks walking silently and barefoot in their bright orange robes is a sight to behold in your heart forever. This traditional Lao Buddhist culture dates back to the 14th century and is considered to sustain the ‘Good.’ Lao people believe that their offerings sustain the monks and, in turn, monks provide spiritual merit for the almsgivers. Spend two hours observing this respectful spiritual journey of local Lao people and the monks, then return to Hotel for your delicious breakfast. After breakfast, we will start our city exploration journey. We will visit iconic places like Wat Xiengthong, Royal Palace, Wat May Souvannapoumaram, Wat Wisunarat, Traditional Arts and Ethnology Centre, Haw Pha Bang, and Wat Sensoukharam. Night at your leisure.
After breakfast, the morning time is yours. Spend the way you want, or we can help you pick some activities. Today in the afternoon, you will go for a Sunset Cruise on the Mekong River. The cruise journey will consist of evening snacks, drinks and good friends. The purpose of this cruise is not only to see the stunning Sunset in the Mekon River but also to soak yourself in the divine pleasure of your vacation, which you have waited for so long.
Today is your Spa day. After breakfast, start your day slowly and relax. Take an authentic and traditional Lao massage and feel stress-free. Give your body and muscles the required treatment to feel better. If you do not wish to avoid taking a spa, we can arrange other activities for you. Rest of the day, spend as you wish.
After breakfast, head towards Vientiane Railway Station. Once again, you will be on a beautiful scenic long train journey from Luang Prabang to Vientiane. After reaching Vientiane, transfer to the hotel.
Rest day at Luang Prabang. We will keep this day for you to enjoy exploring the city as you wish, go shopping and arrange for your last-minute packing.
Drop at Vientiane International Airport. Depart Vientiane with lifetime memories.
Discovering The Hidden Beauty Of Laos
Are you interested in this trip?
Book Your Place
- Pick-up and drop from Vientiane International Airport.
- Transportation in an Air-conditioned van.
- Welcome Dinner.
- All accommodation.
- Day excursion at Kuang-Si-Waterfall.
- Sunset River Cruise on the Mekong River.
- Food Included: 12 Breakfasts, 12 Lunch and 12 Dinners.
- City exploration in Vientiane, Vang Vieng and Luang Prabang.
- Train Tickets for Laos internal transportation as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Flight Tickets.
- Required VISA.
- Travel Insurance.
- Your toiletries and medicines.
- Personal beverages. (Alcoholic & Non-alcoholic)
- Personal entertainment equipment. (music system, etc.)
- Trip costs do not include the fees payable to the site and park’s guide.
- Personal guide fees if you are hiring during the trip for any additional activities.
- Trip costs do not ensure the supply of local SIM cards and paying bills for your usage.
- The cost does not include any recreational activities or tours before and after the scheduled trip as per the itinerary.
- Entrance fees for national parks, monasteries, museums, historic places, and other places that require entrance fees or additional ticket fees.
- The cost does not include international airport departure taxes, transportation or ticket costs (airfare or train fare) before and after the scheduled trip as per the itinerary.
- Trip cost is non-inclusive of any extracurricular activities not mentioned in the itinerary. For example, the itineraries do not mention river-rafting, zip-lining, hot air balloon rides, boat safaris, or other taxi trips.
Service on request: (extra cost applicable)
- Air-tickets Purchase. (for Indian Citizens)
- Travel Insurance. (for Indian Citizens)
- VISA application. (for Indian Citizens)
- A Moderate fitness level is required.
What to wear and bring for this trip
- Travel Insurance Copy.
- Medicines, Painkillers, Insect Repellent.
- Raincoat for unpredictable weather changes.
- Scarf, Sunhat, Sunglasses, Sunscreen lotion for hot days.
- Cool cotton clothes for cities, towns, villages and riverside areas.
- Light jacket for the hill area to keep warm if the temperature drops suddenly.
- Comfortable walking shoes, flip-flops for rooms and beach sandals for the riverside.
- Water bottle, Universal adapter, Camera and Extra Batteries for your camera.
Code of Ethics
- Be a Responsible Traveller.
- Feeding wild animals is strictly prohibited.
- Walking off roads in protected areas is prohibited.
- Do not throw your garbage into the river during the river cruise.
- Be respectful to the locals and their cultures and religious belief.
- Step out of the vehicle is prohibited during the safaris, except at authorised sites.
- Collecting, handling, or keeping specimens/any wildlife matter is strictly prohibited.
- Tourists must obey all rules and regulations the Laos government and related authorities enforce.
Sustainable Tourism Initiative
- Animal Welfare.
- Supporting Locals.
- Zero-tolerance on plastic pollution.
- Encouraging Environmental Protection.