Explore Azerbaijan on a relaxing 7-day trip to Baku and its surrounding areas in Azerbaijan. Begin your journey with a visit to Baku’s historical sites, including the UNESCO-listed Old City, Maiden Tower, and the impressive Palace of the Shirvanshahs. Take in the beauty of the Caspian Sea from the Seaside Boulevard and admire the modern architecture of the Heydar Aliyev Center in Baku, Azerbaijan.
Explore Azerbaijan by visiting the natural wonders of the Absheron Peninsula, including the Ateshgah Fire Temple, Yanar Dag, and the mesmerising Mud Volcanoes. Discover the ancient rock carvings at Gobustan National Park and learn about the region’s history at the Gobustan Museum. In addition, take a day trip to the charming city of Sheki, known for its architectural marvels and vibrant bazaar. And then explore Guba and Quba, which offer picturesque landscapes, historical sites, and unique cultural experiences. Conclude your trip with some last-minute shopping and depart from Heydar Aliyev International Airport.
There are several reasons that you must visit Azerbaijan, and this 7 days tour plan is perfect to take you to a different world which is unique in its own nature. Hence, go on and read why you should make a trip to Azerbaijan.
Why visit Azerbaijan?
Azerbaijan is a captivating destination with rich history, stunning landscapes, and vibrant culture. Here are a few reasons why someone should take a trip to Azerbaijan:
- Historical and Cultural Heritage: Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Baku, including the Old City and the Palace of the Shirvanshahs. Discover ancient rock carvings at Gobustan National Park and delve into the region’s history at various museums.
- Natural Beauty: From the Caspian Sea’s shores to the Absheron Peninsula’s surreal landscapes and the picturesque mountains surrounding Sheki, Azerbaijan offers diverse and breathtaking natural scenery.
- Unique Natural Phenomena: Witness the eternal flame at the Ateshgah Fire Temple and the burning mountain of Yanar Dag. Marvel at the otherworldly Mud Volcanoes, creating a surreal landscape.
- Warm Hospitality: Experience the genuine hospitality of Azerbaijani people, known for their warmth, friendliness, and welcoming nature.
- Culinary Delights: Indulge in Azerbaijani cuisine. Known for its rich flavours and unique dishes such as plov (pilaf), kebabs, and baklava. Explore local markets and bazaars for an authentic culinary experience.
- Cultural Experiences: Immerse yourself in local traditions, music, and dance performances. Explore traditional crafts and souvenirs in bustling bazaars.
Overall, Azerbaijan offers a memorable and enriching travel experience, combining history, nature and culture. Additionally, its warm hospitality in a unique and charming setting is worth mentioning.
So, what are you waiting for? Please check out the detailed itinerary below and plan a trip to Azerbaijan.
Day 1: Arrival in Baku
- Arrive at Heydar Aliyev International Airport in Baku.
- Transfer to your hotel and check-in.
- Take some time to relax and explore the local area around your hotel.
- In the evening, enjoy a delicious Azerbaijani dinner at a local restaurant.
Day 2: Baku City Tour
- Start your day with a visit to Baku Old City (Icherisheher), a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Explore the narrow streets, historical buildings, and the iconic Maiden Tower.
- Visit the Palace of the Shirvanshahs, an impressive medieval palace complex.
- Take a stroll along the Seaside Boulevard, a beautiful promenade offering stunning views of the Caspian Sea.
- Visit the Heydar Aliyev Center, a modern architectural masterpiece.
- In the evening, explore the vibrant Fountain Square area and indulge in local cuisine.
Day 3: Absheron Peninsula
- Take a day trip to the Absheron Peninsula, located near Baku.
- Visit Ateshgah Fire Temple, a unique ancient religious site known for its natural gas-fueled eternal flame.
- Explore Yanar Dag (Burning Mountain), a hillside with natural gas burning continuously, creating an impressive flame.
- Visit the Mud Volcanoes, a surreal natural phenomenon where small eruptions of mud occur.
- Return to Baku in the evening.
Day 4: Gobustan National Park
- Head to Gobustan National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its ancient rock carvings (petroglyphs).
- Explore the open-air museum, featuring thousands of prehistoric rock paintings and carvings.
- Visit the Gobustan Museum to learn more about the history and culture of the region.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch in the beautiful surroundings of the national park.
- Return to Baku and spend the evening at your leisure.
Day 5: Sheki
- Take a day trip to Sheki, a charming city located in the foothills of the Caucasus Mountains.
- Visit Sheki Khan’s Palace, an architectural masterpiece from the 18th century.
- Explore the local bazaar, where you can find traditional crafts and souvenirs.
- Visit the Sheki Caravanserai, an ancient inn that once served as a stopover for merchants.
- Enjoy the scenic beauty of the surrounding landscapes.
- Return to Baku in the evening.
Day 6: Guba and Quba
- Head to the town of Guba, known for its beautiful nature and historical sites.
- Visit the Guba Genocide Memorial Complex, dedicated to the victims of the Armenian genocide.
- Explore the picturesque village of Xinaliq, known for its unique culture and stunning mountain scenery.
- Visit the Sakina-Khanum Mosque, an architectural gem in Guba.
- Continue to Quba, another charming town surrounded by mountains.
- Explore the local sights, including the Juma Mosque and the Qechresh forest.
- Return to Baku in the evening.
Day 7: Departure
- Check out of your hotel.
- If time permits, you can visit any remaining sights or do some last-minute shopping.
- Transfer to Heydar Aliyev International Airport for your departure.
Explore Azerbaijan: Baku City Tour and Beyond (6 Nights / 7 Days)
(Price per person)
|Start Date||End Date||Availability|
|11th Dec 2023||17th Dec 2023||0 Places|
Are you interested in this trip?
Book Your Place
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off facilities.
- Breakfast from Day 2 till Day 7.
- All transportation during your trip.
- International Flight Tickets.
- Required E-VISA Cost.
- Travel Insurance.
- Meals (Lunch & Dinner)
- English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Bottled water.
- Alcoholic & Non-Alcoholic Beverages.
- Early Check-in and Late Check-out from Hotel.
- Any applicable Taxes and Remittance Fees.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusion part.