Experience the “Indian food tour Kolkata.” Embark on a “Kolkata food walk one day” journey and enjoy a specialised food trip. Discover the city’s culinary marvels. This “Kolkata food guide” offers a gastronomic experience. It caters to both Indian tourists from outside West Bengal and international visitors. Let’s dive in!
Highlights of the One-Day Kolkata Food Walk Experience:
- Experience a curated culinary journey in the heart of the city.
- A comprehensive day-long exploration of Kolkata’s gastronomic gems.
- Follow our guide to taste iconic dishes at renowned eateries.
- Savour classics like rasgullas, Sandesh, Kathi rolls, and unique Bengali chaat.
- Dive into the vibrant Kolkata street food scene with puchka, Jhalmuri, and more.
- Relish authentic Traditional Bengali Lunch with dishes like Macher Jhol and Shorshe Ilish.
- Visit famed mishti shops and relish delectable Bengali sweets.
- Indulge in unique Kolkata-style chaat: chaat varieties with a Bengali twist.
Begin Your Kolkata Food Adventure: Start your day with a delicious breakfast, either at your place of stay or a local Kolkata diner. This meal will energise you for the delightful food journey awaiting you.
Kolkata Mishti Delight: The city is famed for its sweets. Initiate your day’s exploration with iconic mishti shops such as KC Das, Bhim Chandra Nag, and Girish Chandra Dey & Nakur Chandra Nandy. Relish on the classic rasgullas and sandesh, and don’t miss out on tasting the renowned Rosogolla and Misti Doi!
Street Eats of Kolkata: Wander the lively lanes of Kolkata and get a taste of the “best food in Kolkata” from various street food vendors. Delight in Phuchka (pani puri), savour Kathi Rolls, and get enchanted by the Jhalmuri’s crunch. Truly, “Kolkata street food” is an explosion of tastes.
Authentic Bengali Lunch: Dive deep into Bengali flavours with a hearty meal at a local Bengali eatery. Savour dishes like Macher Jhol (Bengali Fish Curry), Shorshe Ilish (Hilsha fish cooked in Mustard Paste), and Alu Posto. For vegetarians, Bengali cuisine offers an array of delicious choices, like Begun Bhaja (Brinjal fry), Panch Mishali Sabji (Mixed Vegetables cooked in 5 mixed spices) and Paneer Dhokla, and many more.
Tea Time in Kolkata: Refresh yourself at a quintessential Kolkata tea stall. Enjoy a warm cup of chai complemented with snacks like Singara (Samosha) or Telebhaja (Deep oil fried snacks).
More Sweet Surprises: Extend your sweet trail by heading to renowned stores such as Balaram Mullick & Radharaman Mullick and Ganguram. Indulge in flavoursome Bengali treats like Sandesh, Rosh Bora, and Chomchom.
Chaat with a Kolkata Twist: Experience “Kolkata-style chaat” as the sun sets. Relish unique offerings like Aloo Kabli and Papri Chaat, showcasing a Bengali touch.