Bruny Island is one of the most beautiful islands in Australia and the world. Bruny Island is part of the main Australian Island State of Tasmania and is separated by D’Entrecasteaux Channel from mainland Tasmania. The traditional aboriginal name is lunawanna-allonah. A small island with a 362 Square Kilometer area is rich in natural beauty. Tourist footfalls are less compared to other states and places in Australia.
Bruny Island boasts an extraordinarily beautiful coastline; its pristine blue coastlines with white sandy beaches are nothing less than paradise, as we can imagine. This tiny island, isolated from main Australia, is home to unique wildlife, like White Wallaby, stunning Swift Parrot and Forty-Spotted Pardalote. In this wild nature, the place is a heaven to all nature lovers, for bushwalking, birdwatching, fishing and wildlife camping.
If you have a taste for premium wine, then Bruny Island is your place, as this little island proudly owns the family-owned vineyards, and you can enjoy your stay with some luxury wine or get something from the House of Whisky.
To make your presence more memorable and palatable, you can order the local produce, bread, and cheese and don’t forget to taste the world’s freshest Oysters here.
Further south, Cape Bruny Lighthouse, built in 1836, is a must-visit place. Climbing up the 114 meters tall lighthouse and seeing the spectacular panoramic view of the rugged South Bruny Coastline is a one-of-a-kind view. Wait there, spend a little time till the sun sets behind the horizon line, enjoy the most iconic sunset there, and enjoy the feeling that no one is between you and the Atlantic.
Here are the other favourites of Susmita’s trips from Australia:
Pickup from Hobart International Airport or your hotel. Our representative will greet you at the designated location, and you will be transferred to the village of Kettering to board the Bruny Island ferry.
On the other side of the ferry ghat, once you cross D’Entrecasteaux Channel and disembark, you will feel the fresh air and take advantage of being in one of the most pollution-free, pristine natural lands.
Here you will taste the fresh Bruny Island Oysters, bread and cheese. Take a stroll near Adventure Bay, and you may spot little penguins or exotic birds. After spending some time here, you will go to the local cheese company for cheese tasting, followed by visiting the Bruny Island Fudge for indulgent chocolate and fudge tasting. Don’t feel bad eating chocolates. Take some more for your midnight chocolaty desserts. You must remember that you are on vacation and little spoiling is good for mind and soul.
After the chocolaty time, you will visit Bruny Island Lookout or The Neck Lookout and climb the steps to the Truganini Lookout and Rookery, Bruny Island’s most photogenic spots. Take as many photos as possible. Going back home makes friends jealous.
After this, you will head south to visit The Cape Bruny Lighthouse Station. Unquestionably one of the most beautiful places in Australia and the world too. If you visit The Cape Bruny Lighthouse Station, you will understand that there is no exaggeration in our words. There you will meet the last lighthouse keeper and listen to the history of The Cape Bruny Lighthouse. Spend time until you absorb Bruny Island’s beauty and rugged southern coastline.
While returning, we will visit several of Bruny Island’s Food Producers and finally reach Hotel Bruny for lunch. The fine food, and fine wine, enjoy your holiday.
After lunch, you will be transferred to your luxurious accommodation. Spend the evening as per your wish.
You will start your day with the extraordinary Mavista Rainforest Walk. Step back in time as you enter this ancient forest, and you will walk beneath the canopy of old trees and try to feel how it was like 1000 years back inside this jungle.
You’ll then head for lunch at Bruny Island Premium Wines and enjoy local cuisine paired with wine tasting amid a stunning vineyard. After that, we will go for a honey tasting, and you can buy some for your home and your loved ones. Walk alongside the garden and breathe into the purest air and feel fresh. By late afternoon we will take the ferry to Kettering, and we’ll enjoy a chocolate tasting at the divine Nutpatch Chocolate.
With a heart full of satisfaction, we’ll drive back to Hobart, where you can be transferred to Hobart Airport for your return flight or dropped off at your hotel.
Little Paradise Bruny Island
Are you interested in this trip?
Book Your Place
- Pick-up and drop at Airport or Hotel.
- All meals included.
- Flight Tickets.
- Required VISA.
- Travel Insurance.
- Your toiletries and medicines.
- Personal beverages. (Alcoholic & Non-alcoholic)
- Personal entertainment equipment. (music system, etc.)
- Personal guide fees if you are hiring during the trip for any activities.
- Trip costs do not ensure the supply of local SIM cards and paying bills for your usage.
- The cost does not include any recreational activities or tours before and after the scheduled trip as per the itinerary.
- Entrance fees for national parks, museums, historic places, and other places that require entrance fees or additional ticket fees.
- The cost does not include international airport departure taxes, transportation or ticket costs (airfare or train fare) before and after the scheduled trip as per the itinerary.
- Trip cost is non-inclusive of any extracurricular activities not mentioned in the itinerary.
Service on request: (extra cost applicable)
- Air-tickets Purchase. (for Indian Citizens)
- Travel Insurance. (for Indian Citizens)
- VISA application. (for Indian Citizens)
- A Moderate fitness level is required.
What to wear and bring for this trip
- Travel Insurance Copy.
- Medicines, Painkillers, Insect Repellent.
- Raincoat for unpredictable weather changes.
- Scarf, Sunhat, Sunglasses, Sunscreen lotion for hot sunny days.
- Woolen Caps, Balaclava, Woolen Socks. Gloves or Mittens - for winter days.
- Cool cotton clothes, a light jacket, soft trousers, leggings, and cotton socks for cities and towns for summertime travelling.
- Inner thermals, fleece jackets, woollen hoodies, or down jackets for cold nights and wintertime travel.
- Comfortable walking shoes, flip-flops for rooms and beach sandals for the beach areas.
- Water bottle, Universal adapter, Camera and Extra Batteries for your camera.
- Tourists must obey all rules and regulations The Australian government, local and related authorities enforce.
Code of Ethics
- Be a Responsible Traveller.
- Walking off roads in protected areas is prohibited.
- Be respectful to the locals and their cultures and religious belief.
- Collecting, handling, or keeping specimens/any wildlife matter is strictly prohibited.
Sustainable Tourism Initiative
- Animal Welfare.
- Supporting Locals.
- Zero-tolerance on plastic pollution.
- Encouraging Environmental Protection.