In India, Ladakh is like no other place in the world. It is situated in the high Himalayan region and extends from Siachen Glacier in the North to the main Great Himalayas in the South. The highest elevation is 25,400 ft Saltoro Kangri, and the lowest is about 8,370 ft. The largest town is Leh, followed by Kargil.
Ladakh is a high Himalayan Barren Land, but one will feel the wild nature in its purest form. But it is not just a barren land; it also offers stunning green pastures in its Indus Valley. Ladakh is adorned by some of the most stunning rivers, like, the Indus, Shyok, Nubra, Suru, Dras and Zanskar.
Its crystal clear skies, high mountain passes, stunning blue glacial lakes, ancient Monasteries, breathtaking landscapes and amazing Buddhist culture made its name in the world travel book. Travellers, Trekkers, Adventure Seekers, and Nature enthusiasts all possess a hidden desire to visit Ladakh once in a lifetime.
If you are planning an interesting and premium cultural tour to Ladakh but are pressed with your time, here is a short break we have planned for you in the lap of the Himalayan city, Ladakh. Considering the importance of the time of acclimatisation, we have prepared this relaxing short cultural tour for you. However, multiple possibilities exist, and we can extend your plan to your desire.
In addition, there are more interesting Ladakh Trips available on our bucket list, and we are happy to present the same to you. Check out the other itinerary details below:
Arrival in Leh by flight at Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport (KBR) airport at 3100 meters above sea level. Our representative will greet you at the airport, transfer you to the hotel, and rest for the day. Drink enough water and walk around a little in the evening for acclimatisation.
Welcome Dinner at Night.
Acclimatisation Day. Complete rest today, as your body must be accustomed to the high altitude and simultaneous cold weather. Drink enough water and walk a little to get acclimatised.
After breakfast, get ready for local sightseeing. You start your tour at Shey palace, Thiksey monastery, Hemis monastery and Stakna monastery. Night at hotel.
Local sightseeing Sham valley. Spituk monastery, Pathersahib Gurudwara, Magnetic hill, Confluence of Indus and Zanskar rivers, Alchi monastery, and return to Leh. Evening visit to Shanti Stupa and drop at hotel.
Start from Leh – visit Leh Palace, move to Khardung La, and pass to Nubra valley. Diskit is the main town of Nubra valley; visit the monastery and night stay at Hunder dunes. Enjoy a double-humped camel ride.
Day visit to Turtuk village. It has a wooden mosque and a beautiful location. Visit Thang (Zero Point) on the Pakistan border. Return to Hunder for a night stay.
Drive along the Shayok river valley to Pangong Lake. Visit the lake for 2-3 hours and return to Leh hotel via Chang La pass. (Pangong lake is considerably at more elevation, and spending a night is not usually comfortable. It is possible, though).
Visit Leh market and relax. (One can stay at Pangong lake on Day 6, and then this day will be to return from Pangong + visit to market if required)
Drop at the Airport.
Ladakh Cultural Trip
(Price per person for a group of 8 people)
Are you interested in this trip?
Book Your Place
- Welcome Dinner.
- Accommodation with breakfast and dinner. The centrally heated premise for comfort.
- Accommodation at Hunder (Days 5 & 6) with breakfast and dinner. This accommodation will be in Swiss camping. (If the weather is still very cold, then we will book the hotel)
- All necessary permits for all people.
- Vehicle – 2 Innovas for the entire tour except for airport transfers.
- Emergency oxygen with face masks in each vehicle.
- Flight Tickets.
- Required VISA.
- Travel Insurance.
- Lunch on any day.
- Tour guide and driver tips.
- Your toiletries and medicines.
- Personal beverages (Alcoholic & Non-alcoholic).
- Personal entertainment equipment (music system, etc.)
- Monastery entry fees, camel ride, camera fees etc., at attractions.
- Any change in plan, visits to additional destinations and car hire.
- Trip costs do not ensure the supply of local SIM cards and paying phone bills.
- Personal guide fees if you are hiring during the trip for any additional activities.
- Any medicines, medical treatment, and hospital charges if needed. Hospital commuting and waiting charges for vehicles.
Service on request: (extra cost applicable)
- Air-tickets Purchase. (for Indian Citizens)
- Travel Insurance. (for Indian Citizens)
- A moderate fitness level is required.
What to wear and bring for this trip
- Passport. (for Foreign Citizens)
- Travel Insurance Copy.
- Sunhat, Sunglasses, Sunscreen lotion.
- Medicines, Painkillers, Insect Repellent.
- Raincoat for unpredictable weather changes.
- Inner Thermals or Baselayers for the top & bottom.
- Full-sleeve shirt or top to wear on top of baselayers.
- Fleece Jacket or Windcheater to protect yourself from high wind
- Down jacket, heavy jacket, woollen hoodie, or parka as a top layer.
- Comfortable Trekking Pants or Trousers to wear on top of baselayers.
- Woolen Caps, Balaclava, Woolen Socks and Gloves or mittens 2 -3 pairs.
- Comfortable trekking shoes or insulated boots. Flip-flops for the hotel room.
- Water bottle, Universal adapter, Camera and Extra Batteries for your camera
Code of Ethics
- Be a Responsible Traveller.
- Walking off roads in protected areas is prohibited.
- Be respectful to the locals, their cultures and religious belief.
- Step out of the vehicle is prohibited during the tour, except at authorised sites
- Collecting, handling, or keeping specimens/any wildlife matter is strictly prohibited.
- Tourists must obey all rules and regulations the local and related authorities enforce.
Sustainable Tourism Initiative
- Animal Welfare.
- Supporting Locals.
- Zero-tolerance on plastic pollution.
- Encouraging Environmental Protection.